September 21, 2020
Dear WCMS Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for your continued support of WCMS in our 100% distance learning model. I wanted to share a variety of updates with you.
- CAS Paul Zina’s Revised Kaua’i School Distance Learning Models Through Quarter 2 Notice specifically lists the following for Kaua’i secondary schools (including WCMS):
- Distance learning will stay in place for secondary students to ensure consistent school operations and continuity of instruction for credit courses.
- Schools will continue educational programming to meet identified students' needs.
- Mid-Quarter Report cards and school information sheets were mailed home on Friday, 9/18/20.
- Please remember that this is the first grading session in our 100% distance learning and is basically a temperature check for your child and you.
- These grades are not part of your child’s GPA.
- WCMS is a standards based grading school; if your child has an “I,” it means “In progress,” which gives your child time to turn in any missing work to demonstrate progress in meeting the standard(s) before the Quarter 1 grades.
- WCMS is currently accepting nominations for our School Community Council (SCC).
Thank you as we continue to do what is best for our students in these very unique circumstances.
Principal, Waimea Canyon Middle School
firstname.lastname@example.org or 808-338-6830